Week 12 Lab

 Advice to Writers

My favorite advice was that there are no rules to writing. I really have enjoyed this class because there are not necessarily any rules to what we write. We are allowed freedom with our ideas and we are able to come up with our own writing styles and ideas. In other classes you have to write a certain way and you cannot have your own ideas. Creative writing is now my favorite type of writing.

I also like the advice, "Write whatever you want to write". You should not have to worry about sticking to one specific genre. You should make your writing whatever you want it to be. You should just let your imagination run wild. If you want to use personal experiences and you imagination, then do it. Literally you can do whatever you want because like I said earlier, there are no rules to writing.

The next piece of advice I was drawn to is, "The useless days will add up to something". All of the small experiences we have in life make us who we are. I have gotten inspiration for stories from remembering small things in my life. I like Taylor Swift so the first story I ever wrote for this class was about Taylor Swift. I have a dog, I wrote a story about dogs. I am terrified of ghosts, I wrote my story book project about ghosts to help overcome my fear. All of these small things in my life that matter to only me, help me out even when I do not realize it in the moment. 

I really liked this assignment because it helped me realize that I actually do like writing. This is my last semester of college and this is the first class that has let me be creative in my writing. I am used to doing research papers and only reading other peoples research. I like that this class showed me that there does not always have to rules and that it is okay to be creative. 




Comments