Week 2 Story: Garden Fairytale

One day, a not so ordinary blonde girl was sitting at home in her small Tennessee town. She had been writing songs all day long, dreaming of one day leaving her small town and making something of herself. Most of her songs consisted of heartbreak love songs. Taylor, the heartbreak songwriter, thought to herself, “I need to get of the house and take a walk”. She needed a new outlook for her songs. Taylor starts walking and ends up on a trail she had never been on before in her small town. She thought to herself, “I swore I knew every inch of this town, where am I at?”. She continued to go down the mysterious trail because she was longing for something to spark an idea for a new hit song.  

Night was approaching and Taylor still had no sparks of hope for a new song. She was ready to turn around and head back home. She was ready to give up and say goodbye to her dreams of writing the best love songs in history. Taylor then saw a garden in the nearby distance. The garden seemed like the last best option to get some inspiration.  

Taylor gets to the garden. It is full of the most beautiful flowers she has ever seen in her life. Flowers of every color surround her. She walks to wooden bench in the middle of the garden and has a seat. She pulls out her guitar and song book. She is still stuck on what to write about. Suddenly, an old man comes out of nowhere. He begins to meanly ask her how she found this garden. Taylor explains how she just needed a walk to gain inspiration. The old grumpy man tells her if she wants to go home, she must play songs for him on her guitar. Taylor is hesitant at first because of his mean demeanor, but she needed to get home so she played for him. 

Taylor played her guitar and sang for the man, Levi, all night. She began to get tired and Levi told her she must stay at his guest home in the garden. Taylor not wanting to cause any more trouble, agreed. She went to sleep that night hoping to go home the next morning. Once she awoke, Levi brought her breakfast and demanded she play one more song for him, then he would be satisfied.  

    So, she played one more song and then the strangest thing happened. Levi began to float in the air and was surrounded by glowing wind that covered his appearance. Eventually the wind stopped and Levi was place on the ground, facing away from Taylor. Taylor walks up to him and is in shock. What was once a grumpy old man, is now a handsome, stunning, young man. Taylor and the new Levi looked into one another's eyes. Sparks flew. It was a movement of love at first sight. Taylor and Levi decided to stay in the garden with one another. From that moment on, Taylor had finally found her inspiration for her new love songs.  


Authors Note: I started with inspiration from the story, The Three Roses, I changed up the charachters and the plot a bit. There is no head chopping or violence in my story, just song writing, flowers, and a happy ending. 

Bibliography:  Josef Baudis, The Three Roses, Web Source

Image Information: Taylor Finally Finds Her Inspiration  

 Taylor Swift Garden Image









Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this story, not only because it was entertaining and well written, but because it involved someone modern that we are all familiar with. I am not familiar with the story The Three Roses, so truly I had no idea what to expect, but I liked the ending and think it flowed nicely without heads being chopped off like you said in the notes. Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashten,

    Although I am not familiar with the story The Three Roses, I do enjoyed reading your story. I like how you incorporate Taylor Swift and her trope of writing break up songs, and gave her a happy ending where she write love songs instead. I also like the part where the old man turned into a handsome young man after Taylor singed to him. It reminds me of Beauty and the Beast a little bit.

    I understood that the old man is a bit angry about a stranger stumbling into his garden. I don't understand why she was forced to sing before she can leave. Was Taylor creeped out that an old man found her near nighttime and just asked her to sing for him?

    You stated in your notes about the head chopping and violence. I wish you would elaborate on that and maybe a brief synopsis of The Three Roses so reader could get an idea of what it is about. The transformation reminds me of Beauty and the Beast and if that was partly your inspiration, I think adding it into your notes would be good too.

    Overall, I like reading your story because it is joyful and has a happy ending. I like reading stories with happy endings and I can't wait to see what you come up next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashten,
    Just to start off I am a big Taylor Swift fan, so I was excited from the start to read your story. I like how you changed Taylor's usual breakup stories into something happier. Although I have read many of the Three Roses story retellings, without the authors note I would have had no idea this story was depicted from it. The plot is very different, but that is not necessarily a bad thing as the story was still a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment