Feedback Thoughts

Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback

In high school, negative feedback was never something I had been scared of in school. School work was easy enough and teachers were very eager to help you out. Once I got to college, I found out professor are quick to give you negative feedback and not sugar coat anything. It would make me feel defeated when I would get a paper back with negative feedback and the professor would not leave any tips to better my work. As I got into my major classes, my professor became more helpful and would help me better myself. It was the lower level classes, that professor gave me the harshest feedback and made me feel bad about my work. Thankfully I now have professors who want to see me succeed. 


It is common for people to have self doubt when trying new things. As I get ready to graduate in May, I grow more and more nervous about post grad life. I ask myself things like, "will I be a good grown up?", "how will I get a good job in a pandemic?", "where am I going to move to?". All of these things make me start to doubt my motivation to figure it all out. Reading this article helped me realize I need to take things one step at a time. Its a good idea to start with one goal I know I can achieve and go from there. I trust that I can figure it all out even if its not all at the same time. 



Comments