Favorite Place - Colorado

Pikes Peak (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
I had the opportunity to spend some time in Colorado last summer and I absolutely fell in love with the state. I had the opportunity to drive/hike up Pikes Peak. The views were impeccable and I never wanted to leave. The morning was nice and warm but by the time I was at the top of the mountain it had started snowing! 
 
(photo by me) 

Garden of Gods (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
Garden of Gods was another place in Colorado I had the chance to explore. I spent hours there walking the trails. I was able to see chipmunks and deer walking around the area. The scenery is just amazing and I was in awe of the rock formations. We were able to spend the whole day here exploring. You are also able to climb the rocks with special permission, I am not skilled enough for that sadly. 

(photo by me)

Comments

  1. Oh, your photo there of the mountains in the distance with the sky and the clouds is absolutely beautiful, Ashten, and so is that picture of Garden of the Gods. Marvelous! When I was in Colorado, I got to see actual eagles in the sky, which was a great feeling. There are lots of hawks where we live, but these were actual eagles! Maybe you will want to do a Western-themed project for this class and learn some of the native legends inspired by those dramatic landscapes: Native History of Colorado Springs... and Pikes Peak.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment